Well, I am in the hospital as I type this. At about 1 a.m. on Sunday morning, I woke up with some pain which I thought was bad heartburn so I just tolerated it. Took some Tums and Pepcid but nothing was working. Finally at about 4 p.m. I called in to the doctor and after talking to a nurse, she said she was worried it could be something with my gall bladder and that I should come in. So we got to the ER at about 5 p.m. I didn't get seen until about 7 p.m. and then it was 9:30 or 10 p.m. before we had any answers. It turns out I do have many stones in my gall bladder and they also suspected I had a stone stuck in a bile duct but couldn't see in on ultrasound so they admitted me to the hospital that night. Yesterday, they did a procedure where they went down my throat with a scope and camera and were able to find a stone and remove it. So that was good news! Now, today I will be having surgery to have my gall bladder removed. They should be able to do it laporascopically (sp?) so my recovery should be quick. I sure hope so because this is not how I wanted to spend my last couple of weeks of maternity leave!
Through all this, Macy has been doing really well. My mom and dad have been taking care of her. Steve went home to be with her last night and Steve's mom is going to watch her today. It has been so hard being away from her!! I just want to get home. Hopefully that will be tomorrow - or even tonight if things go really well but I am not holding my breath. Since I am already admitted to the hospital, it sounds like they will want to keep me tonight. My liver enzymes have been really high so they want to make sure they go down. I actually have jaundice from all of this which is really funny to me. I always thought my baby would have jaundice (which she never did) and not me! Oh well I guess.
So anyway, I better get back to my room. I just wanted to give a little update.
3 comments:
Maggie,
So sorry to hear you are sick...I hope you start feeling better soon. What a sucky way to end your maternity leave :) We are all thinking of you here.
Hope you feel better real soon Mags so you can enjoy you last weeks of maternity leave. Gall darn gall bladders!
Get Well
I'm so sorry Mags! NOT COOL!!! Get better soon.
Post a Comment